Friday, January 14, 2011

Illustration Friday: Chicken, Fowl Love

Even though I live in a city of about a million people I have chickens. Urban chickens I think is the term used today. I have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Barred Rock Chickens. We call them the F troop - Francis, Fern, Flora, Fanny, Fiona and Frieda. This is our 3rd flock of chickens. We keep the D girls over at the organic botany garden my husband runs at the school where he teaches. Chickens are not as dumb as everyone thinks, they're quite clever, really, and affectionate. I've grown fond of my birds...I have Fowl Love.

2 comments:

Lainey Parker said...

Great illo! Love the colors! I have a friend who had a pet chicken and it is surprising how smart and affectionate they are. Lots of them in Dallas too. I want a chicken!

Marie Campbell said...

Great illustration and colours :)

By the way, your link from IF isn't working.. an extra http:// - the same thing happened to me before.