Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mark your Calendar: Two New Shows this Spring!

What better excuse to blow off dishes and laundry and especially cleaning the bathroom than to make art! I have 2 shows coming up in May and June and have been in the studio everyday working my little (ok big, I have man hands) fingers to the bone making art.

The first show is called "Delicious" at Studio Gallery in San Francisco. If you haven't been to this great little gallery, you're missing out! The directors Jennifer and Rab are amazing and have a great eye for some awesome Bay Area artists. I've bought a few pieces in there, I just can't help myself. Two of my favorites are Bill Dunlap and Richard Benbrook. Anyways "Delicious" is a show all about art inspired by food and drink, I've done 4 pieces for this show, including this one, which is kind of a self portrait entitled "If You're not Careful".


Delicious at Studio Gallery
www.studiogallerysf.com
1815 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 931-3130

Opening Reception: Sunday, May 9, 2-6pm
The show runs through June 6th

The other show is a SOLO Show! Yes you heard it here first! Well, there's actually 2 solo shows going on simultaneously at Kaleid Gallery in June, I just happen to be one of them. I'm going all out on this one. In addition to a selection of new small paintings, I've been working on slab clay and mosaic pieces, art dolls, canvasses and some clay sculpture. I'm still trying to think of a title for the show. I have a long list of possibilities but nothing's jumped out at me yet, I'll keep you posted. The show opens on June 4th, which is First Friday in Downtown San Jose & there's an artwalk so all the galleries will have openings. There will be tasty vittles and live music and I'll probably do some serious baking, which is actually something I'm quite good at. If you're local please try and come! In any case my studio looks like a bomb went off but I'm making lots of progress with my clay work...I can't wait to fire and glaze these puppies. The pieces below will be assembled with broken tiles and the like, I'm really excited about these!

Kaleid Gallery

www.kaleidgallery.com
88 South 4th Street
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 947-1785
Opening Reception; Friday June 4th 7-9pm
The show runs through June 26th

1 comment:

Saschi and Squee said...

Good Luck with your show! Your material is so original and so HAPPY! I am a great fan! Wish I could be there!